Developing Young People
THE XL VISION
As a company, our vision is:
“To assist with the upliftment of the society and the economy of South Africa by providing holistic and effective support to the development of young people.”
As XL Education, we are passionate about contributing wherever we can, to assist with raising up generations of South Africans with an increasing quality of education, greater depths of knowledge and a broader set of skills. All of this hand-in-hand with a better understanding of the world, themselves and where they can each play their part – helping to open opportunities for them to engage with our society and economy in a meaningful and positive way.
THE XL Story
“Excellence is a process, you have to work to achieve it – excellence is not inborn, it needs your mind, your commitment, focus and hard work.” -Mr Malahlela – Principle Mahwibitswane Secondary SchoolThere are many other potential avenues of support and upliftment that we are looking forward to implementing at the right time – such as careers support; entrepreneurial activation; community engagement; early-learning support and beyond – but these need to be launched from a solid base of relationships and systems, which is what we are seeking to build with the schools through the SSP. We firmly believe that through collaborative and consistent effort, it is possible to bring long-term, significant and sustainable upliftment to education in South Africa.
THE XL Team
At this point in time, the XL team is essentially a very small core, surrounded by the very large ‘XL family’. The two founders and directors, Colin Vincent and Ernest Rangaka, are at the heart of the action – both giving the majority of their time to the wider work, whilst also being hands-on with the tuition centres in Cape Town and Johannesburg respectively every week.
Colin and Ernest are supported by a team of legendary individuals – like:
- Colleen and Rhonnie, who run the admin for the tuition centres as well as contributing where they can beyond;
- Sarah and Rialene who run the financial admin;
- The awesome team of tutors who work at the centres every week, with stalwarts like Heinrich, Tshephang, Jen, Tayla, Zach and many many other awesome young people who dedicate hours to giving personal tuition to pupils to help them excel in their Maths & Science;
- The video editors like nK, Jolanda and Jaime;
- Our OTG Tech Support Assistants like Sam, Lesego and the crew;
- And beyond this there are literally scores of teachers around the country who would consider themselves part of the XL family, who join us when we run programs in the various areas. Like perhaps our greatest supporter, Mama Idah Maboa (Circuit Manager – Mogodumo Circuit, Limpopo), and an enthusiastic army of other incredible teachers and leaders in the Department of Education, too many to mention by name.
- Alongside this phenomenal group of people are other organisations and companies who have partnered with us in some way either as clients, sponsors or educational partners: